Goldie Mitten Workshop featuring Knitrino
- Posted on
Goldie Mittens by Faye Kennington, Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light,
colors Golden Meadow, Loon Lake, Spring Ice, Earth Ivy, Deep Velvet, Lilac Bloom
Please join us on Saturday, April 1 from 10am-12pm for the complimentary Goldie Mittens Workshop featuring the Knitrino Pattern App.
In the workshop, you will knit these fantastic stranded colorwork mittens in a fun, relaxed environment while learning tips to ace knitting colorwork. What makes this workshop extra cool & unique is that you will be using a digital app called Knitrino to follow the pattern!
Knitrino is an exciting pattern app that works on tablets & phones with some amazing features. Following patterns on the app allows you to:
- Show only the size you are knitting
- Show colorwork charts with your chosen colors
- Click on a stitch & then view instructions on how to do it
- Easily track & highlight the row you are on
- Leave notes & reminders for later
- Show project progress
The Goldie Mittens are fun to knit & toasty to wear. The mittens are knit in Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light & feature a modern colorwork motif in 6 colors. The mittens are knit in the round & have an Afterthought Thumb. The project is wonderful for both beginners & more advanced knitters, though we do ask that you have done at least one stranded colorwork project prior to attending the workshop.
The workshop is free, but we do have a seating limit so please sign-up online or in-store to secure your spot.
GOLDIE MITTENS WORKSHOP SIGN-UP
After the workshop, the creators of Knitrino will be hosting 3 informal Knitrino Demonstrations in the store at 1pm, 2pm & 3pm.
Goldie Mittens Workshop featuring Knitrino Pattern App- Complimentary
Saturday, April 1, 10am-12pm
- 1 skein each of Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light in 6 different colors
- Size US 3 & 4 double point needles or preferred method of small circumference knitting
- Cell phone or tablet (iOS or Android)
Please arrive with the following homework knit so that you can jump right in with the stranded colorwork.
Finished circumference: 8” (9.25”)
Finished hand length: 8” (8.5”)
*both sizes have a 2” cuff
Size S (L)
- With main color A (Golden Meadow in the sample) & size US 3 needle, cast on 56 (64) stitches using the German Twisted Cast on or your preferred cast on for ribbing (such as the Long Tail). Place a marker and join in the round, being careful not to twist.
- Work 15 rounds in [k2, p2] ribbing.
- Continuing with size US 3 needle, knit 1 round.
Knitrino Pattern App Demonstrations- Complimentary
Saturday, April 1, every hour starting at 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
We look forward to seeing you at the store!
The Wool & Co. Team