New February Demonstrations at Wool and Co
- Posted on
Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry,
Madelinetosh Tosh DK, colors Silver Fox, Great Grey Owl, Poe, Ceremony
Each hand-dyed yarn is a unique & beautiful work of art. They are fun to knit with & enable us to create incredible garments & accessories to wear.
Knitting with yarns such as Malabrigo, Hedgehog Fibres, Madelinetosh & La Bien Aimee is even more rewarding if you know some tips & tricks.
Join us on Wednesday, 2/22 at 6:30pm for a complimentary discussion hosted by one of our knowledgeable knitters on Working with Hand-dyes! Topics covered will include:
- The best projects for hand-dyed yarns
- How to buy for a project
- Concerns regarding bleeding
- How to avoid color pooling
- Blending hand-dyes that do not have a dye lot
- Choosing color combinations
Following this discussion, we will also be hosting a complimentary Basics of Knitting a Gauge Swatch demonstration on Saturday, 2/25 at 3pm. In this fun, relaxed demonstration you will learn:
- When & why to knit a gauge swatch
- How to knit a gauge swatch both flat & in the round
- Blocking your gauge swatch
- Measuring a gauge swatch & interpreting the results
We look forward to seeing you at these relaxed, informative events! No sign-up is required, just drop by the store.
Working with Hand-dyes Discussion
Wednesday, February 22, 6:30pm
Basics of Knitting a Gauge Swatch Demonstration
Saturday, February 25, 3pm
The Wool & Co. Team