Feature Pattern of the Week - Arne & Carlos Snogmann
- Posted on
Snogmann Hat & Mittens by Arne & Carlos,
Rowan Alpaca Soft DK, colors Naples Blue, Off White
Winter motifs are always in style, especially when designed by Arne & Carlos. The Snogmann Hat & Mitten patterns (Norwegian for “Snowman”) deliver a slice of nostalgia in two modern knits that can be worn by all ages.
Knit in Rowan Alpaca Soft DK, the cool blue provides a beautiful contrast to the creamy white, making the stranded colorwork pattern stand out. The blend of extra fine Merino wool & baby alpaca give the perfect amount of softness, structure, as well as warmth.
Both the hat & mittens are knit in the round. The materials needed for each project are as follows:
Snogmann Hat (one size to fit adult head)
- Color A: 2 balls Rowan Alpaca Soft DK, color 217 Naples Blue
- Color B: 1 ball Rowan Alpaca Soft DK, color 221 Off White
- Size US 3 & 6, 16” circular + US 6 double point needles
Snogmann Mittens (two sizes to fit an average woman’s or man’s hand)
- Color A: 1 (2) balls Rowan Alpaca Soft DK, color 217 Naples Blue
- Color B: 1 (1) ball Rowan Alpaca Soft DK color 221 Off White
- Size US 3 & 6 double point needles
Shop the Rowan Alpaca Soft DK collection, as well as the Snogmann Hat & Mitten patterns at wolandcompany.com or visit the shop in South Elgin, IL to experience Rowan yarns.
The Wool & Co. Team