We love pretty much anything Elizabeth Smith designs & Audrey’s Cardigan is no exception. This versatile, top-down, seamless cardigan knits up quickly in bulky weight yarn & looks great thrown on with a pair of jeans.
Knit with Berroco Ultra Wool Chunky, this piece may be simple, but it does not lack in style. It is the little touches like the thin contrast stripe along the cuffs & bottom, as well as the ribbed shawl collar that make the cardigan special.
Ultra Wool Chunky is a soft, 100% superwash wool yarn that is easy to care for & a great value. The yarn is spun in Peru & comes in a lovely palette of solids & heathers.
To knit Audrey’s Cardigan you will need the following:
- Sizes: 1 (2, 3, 4, 5) (6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Finished Bust Circumference (buttoned): 32 (35, 38.25, 41.5, 44.75) (48, 51, 54.25, 58.5, 61.75)”
*How to Pick your Size: Choose a size that is approx 1-4” larger than your actual bust measurement. Shown in size 1 (body style = no shaping version)
- Main Color (MC): Approx 640 (695, 780, 840, 900) (990, 1060, 1120, 1230, 1300) yds, 5 (5, 6, 6, 7) (7, 8, 8, 9, 9) balls Berroco Ultra Wool Chunky
*Note: add 40 yds to the above amounts if making the A-line version
- Contrasting Color (CC): Approx 6-10 yds, 1 ball Berroco Ultra Wool Chunky
- Size US 10, 32” circular needle (or size to obtain gauge)
- Size US 10 double point needles
- For Button Band: US 9, 32” circular needle (or 1 needle size smaller than that used to obtain gauge)
- US 9 double point needles
- 4 buttons, approx 7/8” diameter
The pattern is available to purchase in store or online.
Another great cardigan that is knit with Ultra Wool Chunky is the Keeler by Amy Christoffers. Also, for those always looking for cute toddler knits, Audrey’s First Day is the pint size version of Audrey’s Cardigan.
The Wool & Co. Team