We are loving knitting these fun accessories by designer Becky Baker featuring The Fibre Co. &Make DK, a soft blend of Peruvian Highland wool, alpaca & linen.
The pattern includes knitting instructions for a classic twist headband & scrunchie with 3 different stitch pattern choices for each! The headband may be knit in:
- Garter & stockinette stitch stripes
- Garter & slip stitch
- Mock cable rib stitch
The scrunchie may be knit in:
- Stockinette with purl rounds
- Garter stitch
The pieces are approachable & fun for all levels. They make great little “just because” gifts.
Here is what you will need to knit your own Hair Necessities!
1 (1, 1, 2, 2, 2) balls of &Make DK
Size US 5 double points or preferred method of small circumference knitting for scrunchie
Headband is knit flat, then seamed, so a longer US 5 circular or straight needles may be used
Headband Sizes: 1 (2: 3: 4: 5: 6)
14- 16 (16-18, 18-20, 20-22, 22-23.5, 23.5-25.5)”
*Recommended negative ease= 0”-2”
1 ball will let you make....
- 1 headband (sizes 1-3) and 1 scrunchie,
- 1 headband (sizes 4-6) and no scrunchie, or
- No headband and 2 scrunchies
2 balls will let you make....
- 1 headband (all sizes) and 3 scrunchies,
- 2 headbands (all sizes) and 1 scrunchie, or
- No headbands and 4 scrunchies
The Wool & Co. Team