Feature Pattern of the Week - January Hats
- Posted on
Clockwise from top left: Ketchum Hat by Bobbi IntVeld, Salish Cap by Mary Pranica, Portland Cap by Mary Pranica, Bundle of Joy Hat by Nancy Ekvall,
Various Blue Sky Fibers Yarns
Enjoy knitting one of these stylish toppers as a fun, satisfying project. The hats are wonderful as a little treat for yourself or make great “just because” gifts. There is even an adorable baby hat knit from 100% soft, organic brushed cotton.
The newest on the list is the Ketchum Hat by Bobbi IntVeld. We knit this stunner as soon as the pattern was released! Knit in Blue Sky Fibers Suri Merino, the yarn has the structure of wool with the extreme softness of baby Suri alpaca. The yarn felt amazing on the needles.
The hat is knit in the round with a half-linen stitch that is textural & lovely.
- 1 skein Blue Sky Fibers Suri Merino (photo in color Air)
- Size US 7 & 8, 16” circular needles + US 8 double point needles
The Salish Cap by Mary Pranica is a choose your own marl adventure where 2 strands of Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light are held together to create the visual splendor of this hat. The hat is knit in a thick rib pattern that looks great on everyone.
- 1 skein each of two colors of Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Light (photo in color combinations Rusted Roof + Grey Harbor & Midnight Sea + Spring Ice)
- Size US 8, 16” circular & double point needles
Love cables? Then the Portland Cap by Mary Pranica is your cup of tea. Knit in aran weight Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Tweed, the hat has a thick cable punctuated with little nubs of tweedy joy.
- 1 skein Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Tweed
- Size US 10, 16” circular & double point needles + similar size cable
The fourth hat in our January showcase is The Bundle of Joy Hat by Nancy Ekvall. This newborn/toddler sized cap is knit in super soft Blue Sky Fibers Printed Organic Cotton. Also available in solid colors, this yarn has a lovely brushed cotton feel & is perfect for sensitive skin.
One skein will make 2 little hats. This yarn is also beautiful for a special baby blanket.
- 1 skein Blue Sky Fibers Printed Organic Cotton or Solid Organic Cotton (photo in Sweet Pea, Sea Holly & Lady Slipper)
- Size US 7, 9”-10” circular + double point needles (entire hat may also be knit on double point needles)
We hope you enjoy these hats as much as we have. Shop the patterns (the Portland Cap & Bundle of Joy Hat are free!) at woolandcompany.com or visit our lifestyle store in South Elgin, IL.
The Wool & Co. Team