Feature Pattern of the Week - March Cowls
- Posted on
Clockwise from top left: Hope Cowl by J.H. Walter, Mabel Cowl by Nancy
Ekvall, Morgan Cowl by Michael Vloedman, Madelia Cowl by Nancy Ekvall
Spud & Chloe Stripey Fine & Outer
This week’s post has a little something for everyone. The gorgeous collection of four cowls are perfect for gifting, a fun weekend project or hosting a knitting night with a small group of friends.
Each cowl is unique, so pick the style that speaks to you. Each of the cowls are knit in soft, smooshy Spud & Chloe Stripey Fine, Outer or Stripey Fine & Outer held together.
Stripey Fine is a stunning varigated fingering weight yarn that is a sleek blend of superwash Merino wool & silk. Outer is a soft, cuddly super bulky that is a blend of superwash Merino wool & organic cotton.
The Hope Cowl by J.H. Walter is the lightest of the collection & perfect for warmer climates, transitional weather or wearing as part of an outfit. The stockinette cowl is knit holding two strands of the same color of Spud & Chloe Stripey Fine together for a magical combination. Each cowl is a unique piece of art as the colors naturally shift, overlap & pool in different ways.
- You will need 3 skeins Spud & Chloe Stripey Fine & size US 9, 24” circular needles
- Photo sample in Neopolitan
The Mabel Cowl by Nancy Ekvall is a cozy piece to keep the last chill of winter away. Knit in solid Spud & Chloe Outer, the cowl gets a subtle hint of color from holding the Outer with a strand of colorful Stripey Fine.
- You will need 2 skeins of Spud & Chloe Outer + 1 skein of Stripey Fine & size US 15, 24” circular needles
- Photo sample in Soapstone + Blueberry Cheesecake
The Morgan Cowl by Michael Vloedman is an understated piece that has just a hint of color that looks almost as if it is “woven” throughout the cowl. This look is achieved by holding a strand of Outer together with a strand of Stripey Fine. The linen stitch cowl also looks great worn longer with a single loop.
- You will need 4 skeins of Spud & Chloe Outer + 1 skein Stripey Fine & size US 11, 40” or 60” circular needles
- Photo sample in Flannel + Mint Chip
Last, but not least, the Madelia Cowl by Nancy Ekvall is a simple colorblock cowl with a pop of color on the edge. A great beginner knit, the cowl is soft & cozy knit in Spud & Chloe Outer.
- You will need 2 skeins of Spud & Chloe Outer for the main color, 1 skein of Outer for the edge color & size US 15, 24” circular needles
- Photo sample in Soapstone & Flannel
Enjoy the pattern free when you purchase the minimum amount of Spud & Chloe yarn for the project.
Shop the collection online or in our shop in St. Charles, IL.
The Wool & Co. Team