We are thrilled to introduce the newest yarn to our collection of fine fibers! Kelbourne Woolens Scout has just arrived & our staff is loving the Rainier Sweater by Kate Gagnon Osborn. Knit in the round from the bottom up, Rainier is traditional, yet modern at the same time. An interesting colorwork knit that is perfect for cool weekends & casual Fridays.
Founded in 2008, Kelbourne Woolens is passionate about creating yarns & patterns that will delight knitters. Courtney Kelley & Kate Gagnon Osborn are passionate knitters & have spent years crafting, working in yarn stores, & meeting thousands of knitters. Their lines of touchable, quality yarns are affordable classics.
Spun from 100% wool, Scout is a true heritage yarn, but with a soft hand.
To knit the Rainier Sweater, you will need the following supplies:
- 1 – 16” US 4 & US 6 circular needle (or size to achieve gauge)
- 1 – 24–40” US 4 & US 6 circular needle (or size to achieve gauge)
- 1 – set US 4 & US 6 double point needles (or size to achieve gauge)
- Stitch markers, waste yarn, spare smaller circular needle for binding off
35 (38, 42, 46.5, 49.5, 54, 58)” bust circumference. Sweater is designed to be worn with 4–6” positive ease. Sample photo in size 38,” modeled on a 34” bust
- Main Color: 3 (3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6) skeins Scout (Grey Heather in photo)
- Contrast Color: 2 (2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5) skeins Scout (Graphite Heather in photo)
The pattern is available to purchase in store or online.
Shop the collection online or visit the store to find your perfect color combination. We offer complimentary ball winding & free shipping every day.
The Wool & Co. Team