Model is wearing size 47” with 13” positive ease
Meet your new favorite designer, Julie Hoover.
Merging her talent & passion for textiles into knitwear design, Julie has created an incredible collection of patterns designed with a clean, simple aesthetic in mind. Her designs are fashion forward, yet classic & relaxed. So, pretty much perfect! Be inspired by more Julie Hoover patterns with our new feature page.
The Ronin is a cool, relaxed cardigan that can be worn year round. Ronin is knit in pieces, from the bottom up in clean, classic stockinette stitch. Designed with comfort & quality in mind, the piece features Shibui Fern, a soft, 100% Organic cotton with a gorgeous natural palette. To give the piece that wow-factor, Shibui Silk Cloud is held with the Fern on the stripes. Silk Cloud is a luxe blend of silk & mohair that adds a subtle, glowy halo.
*Tip- Shibui Cima is a great substitute for those with mohair sensitivity.
Here is what you will need:
43 (47, 51¼, 55¼, 59¾, 64)“ finished bust circumference
* cardigan is designed to fit with approx. +13” ease
Shibui Fern (fine/sport weight)
- 5 (5, 6, 7, 8, 8) skeins MC, Bone in picture
- 2 (3, 3, 3, 3, 3) skeins A, Tar stripes in picture
Shibui Silk Cloud (lace weight)
- All sizes: 2 skeins B, Tar stripes in picture
- Size US 5, 24” circular needle (or size to obtain gauge)
- Size US 4, 24” circular needle (or size to obtain gauge)
- Cable needle (for double decrease)
- Stitch holders or waste yarn, tapestry needle, blocking wires/t-pins (optional but recommended)
The pattern is available to purchase in store or online.
The Wool & Co. Team