Wavy columns of twisted stitches and mirrored cables create a substantial fabric for Freshet, a timeless pullover with a generous turtleneck collar knit in Arbor. This worsted-spun, DK weight yarn knits up into crisp cables that hold their shape wear after wear. Freshet’s slightly cropped hem and fitted sleeves balance out the ease in the body for a modern silhouette. The wide turtleneck happily drapes, or can be folded for a classic look.
- 11 (12, 13, 15, 16, 16) skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in color Driftwood
Note: The third and sixth sizes use almost all, if not all, 13 and 16 skeins, respectively. You may wish to consider purchasing an extra skein due to variations in individual work.
- 1570 (1670, 1885, 2050, 2190, 2300) total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- 24 stitches & 32 rows = 4” in 2x2 Ribbing with Size A needle, after blocking
- 10-stitch panel from Horseshoe Chart measures 1½“ wide with Size A needle, after blocking
- 22-stitch panel from Right or Left Zigzag Chart measures 4” wide with Size A needle, after blocking
- 15-stitch panel from Tree Chart measures 2½“ wide with Size A needle, after blocking
- 15-stitch panel from Double Cable Chart measures 2¼“ wide with Size A needle, after blocking
- 16-stitch panel from Right or Left Sleeve Zigzag Chart measures 3” wide with Size A needle, after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 24” and 32” circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One each 24” and 32” circular needle one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3.75 mm (US 5)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 47¼ (51¼, 55¼, 60¼, 63¼, 65¾)“ [120 (130, 140.5, 153, 160.6, 167) cm] circumference at bust
- Sized to fit approximately 30-32 (34–36, 38–40, 42–44, 46–48, 50–52)“ [76–81.5 (86.5–91.5, 96.5–101.5, 106.5–112, 117–122, 127–132) cm] bust
- Intended Ease: +12–16” [30.5–40.5 cm] (oversized fit); 16–20” [40.5–51 cm] (generously oversized fit)
- Sample shown is size 51¼“ [130 cm] with 19¼” [49 cm] ease on model (shown with generously oversized fit)
Tutorials for all special techniques listed below are included in the pattern:
- 2x2 Tubular Cast On
- 2x2 Tubular Bind Off
- Sloped Bind Off
- Kitchener Stitch
Intermediate: 3 out of 5
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.